Diisobutyl ketone has caused eye and respiratory tract irritation in humans and laboratory animals and skin irritation in rabbits and guinea-pigs. It was of low acute oral, inhalation and dermal toxicity in various species of laboratory animal. Headache, loss of vision and memory difficulties have been reported in individuals exposed to the vapour. In rats, repeated oral administration and inhalation exposure caused effects on the central nervous system, and liver, kidney and lung damage. There was no evidence of genotoxicity in bacteria (including the Ames test), yeast and rat liver cells in culture.

Date of Publication: 1995

Number of Pages: 6

CAS Number*: 108-83-8

Format: PDF available for immediate download

Toxicity Profiles A-Z

1-8 A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T U V X Z

toxnewscta 1

* CAS Registry Number is a Registered Trademark of the American Chemical Society

Toxicity Profiles Home Become a Member (50% Off Profiles) Contact Us