Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT) was irritating to the skin and eyes of rabbits. Exposure via the dermal and inhalation routes produced central nervous system (CNS) effects in workers. In acute studies on laboratory animals, oral toxicity was moderate to high, dermal toxicity was moderate, and inhalation toxicity was high. MMT caused CNS effects and damage to the lungs, liver, kidney, spleen and stomach in a variety of experimental animals following acute exposure by the oral, dermal or inhalation routes. Repeated inhalation caused liver and kidney damage and lung changes in numerous species. Low oral doses given to pregnant rats caused maternal and foetal toxicity but apparently not malformations.

Date of Publication: 1988

Number of Pages: 5

CAS Number*: 12108-13-3

Format: PDF available for immediate download

Toxicity Profiles A-Z

1-8 A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T U V X Z

toxnewscta 1

* CAS Registry Number is a Registered Trademark of the American Chemical Society

Toxicity Profiles Home Become a Member (50% Off Profiles) Contact Us