Tripropylene glycol was of low acute oral toxicity in rats and of low acute dermal toxicity in rabbits. It was apparently non-irritant to the skin or eyes of rabbits. No effects were seen in a limited study where rabbits were exposed repeatedly by the dermal route. In rats, repeated oral exposure caused increased liver and kidney weights but did not affect reproduction or pup development. No genotoxicity was seen in mammalian cells in culture, or in bacterial (including Ames) tests.

Date of Publication: 1999

Number of Pages: 4

CAS Number*: 24800-44-0

Format: PDF available for immediate download

Toxicity Profiles A-Z

1-8 A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T U V X Z

toxnewscta 1

* CAS Registry Number is a Registered Trademark of the American Chemical Society

Toxicity Profiles Home Become a Member (50% Off Profiles) Contact Us