Tris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphite was of low acute oral toxicity in rats, mice and rabbits. Low acute toxicity was also demonstrated in rats treated by inhalation and in rabbits treated dermally. It was apparently an irritant and sensitizer in laboratory animals. The nervous system, lungs, liver, heart, spleen and blood of rats were evidently affected following repeated administration by the oral or inhalation routes. No mutagenicity was reported in an Ames test using the bacterium Salmonella typhimurium.

Date of Publication: 1995

Number of Pages: 4

CAS Number*: 301-13-3

Format: PDF available for immediate download

Toxicity Profiles A-Z

1-8 A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T U V X Z

toxnewscta 1

* CAS Registry Number is a Registered Trademark of the American Chemical Society

Toxicity Profiles Home Become a Member (50% Off Profiles) Contact Us