…Updated R4BP 3 now available
An update to version 3.2 of the Register for Biocidal Products means that it is now possible to make particular applications for product authorisations under renewal, and to apply for the renewal of an authorisation subject to a change.
European Chemicals Agency (2015). ECHA releases an update of R4BP 3.2 to increase its flexibility. ECHA/NA/15/03. http://echa.europa.eu/view-article/-/journal_content/title/echa-releases-an-update-of-r4bp-3_2-to-increase-its-flexibility
…Public consultations on potential candidates for substitution
Public consultations have been launched on formaldehyde and polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) as potential candidates for substitution. The consultation periods run until 10 April 2015.
European Chemicals Agency (2015). Public consultation on potential candidates for substitution. http://echa.europa.eu/addressing-chemicals-of-concern/biocidal-products-regulation/public-consultation-on-potential-candidates-for-substitution
…Biocidal Products Committee (BPC) adopts opinions on five active substances
Opinions adopted by the BPC in February 2015 support the approval of the following chemical active substances and product-types (PTs):
- Biphenyl-2-ol for PT 1 (human hygiene biocidal products), 2 (private area and public health area disinfectants and other biocidal products) and 13 (working or cutting fluid preservatives).
- Hydrogen peroxide for PT 1, 2, 3 (veterinary hygiene products), 4 (food and feed area disinfectants), 5 (drinking water disinfectants) and 6 (in-can preservatives).
- Medetomidine for PT 21 (antifouling products).
- Reaction mass of 5-chloro-2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one and 2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one (3:1) (C(M)IT/MIT) for PT 6 and 11 (preservatives for liquid-cooling and processing systems).
- Triflumuron for PT 18 (insecticides, acaricides and products to control other arthropods).
European Chemicals Agency (2015). The Biocidal Products Committee adopts 13 opinions. ECHA/NA/15/04. http://echa.europa.eu/view-article/-/journal_content/title/the-biocidal-products-committee-adopts-13-opinions
The above items were taken from the March 2015 issue of Toxicology and Regulatory News which is sent automatically to members of bibra (click here)
News Home Guest Write For Us? Contact Us